Introducing Extended Cohorts
The purpose of the Special Cohort Intake is to provide financial assistance to students with an extended payment plan. The special cohort will also have an extended study calendar.
Study an accredited qualification for only R1080 per month, over 18 months.
Special Intake Study Duration : 18 Months per academic year (normally 12 months)
Total study duration: 54 months or 4½ years (normally 36 months or 3 Years)
Registration and intake: April 2020 – September 2020
Suggested study start: July 2020 Latest study start: October 2020
Extended Study Fee: R1080 x 18 (Normal fee R2160 x 9) = R19440 per academic year
Assignment due dates: Due dates will be at intervals over the 18 month study period.
Questions and Answers
Yes, you will be able to register for the extended cohort at any time.
Yes, you can. Although it is not recommended because the pace of study will be completely different to what you are used to.
Yes, you will be able to register for next available normal cohort. Although, this is not recommended as the pace of study will be must faster than what you will be used to.
No, you will have to complete your studies according to the assignment due dates.
It will depend on where you are in the academic year. Each case will have to be reviewed by the Academic Council.
No, you will have to register immediately for the next cohort. To ensure authenticity and validity of your studies, you have to continue with your studies uninterrupted.
Your Virtual Campus profile will be activated once we have received your first payment. You access to the Virtual Campus will also remain open, as long as your account is up to date.
Yes, all the study guides are available online.
No. Summative assignments are usually released three to four weeks before the due date.
No. You will get exactly the same qualification and academic transcripts that are issued to any other Diploma student. The only difference will be your study duration (study start and study end) on the academic transcripts.
BMT College offers accredited courses that will qualify you for professional job opportunities and promotions. The qualifications are accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE). BMT College is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a Private Higher Education Institution, Registration Number: 2011/HE07/002
Award winning education
For the past six years (2013-2018), BMT College has won the award for “Top Distance Education Provider” from the South African Board for People Practices (SABPP).
Why study with BMT
- Accredited qualifications: The value of an accredited full qualification is undisputed. More people who have graduated with full Diploma or Degree qualifications are employed than those who have only matric or certificate qualifications (STATS SA). Full qualification graduates also usually have higher income jobs.
- Practical qualifications: Our programmes are focussed on the job you will do. Yes, there are theoretical foundations that are an important part of any higher education qualification, but our focus is on preparing you for the job. An important aspect of our practical qualifications is that the programmes are regularly evaluated and updated to ensure that you have the latest most relevant information available. Our students’ feedback confirms that what you learn, you will do in the workplace.
- Service and support excellence: We have permanently employed academic and administrative staff that are here to ensure that you make a success of your studies. You will usually get feedback on a query within two working days, if not faster. (These response times may be extended during times when lecturers are marking assignments.) However, our lecturers are here to help you succeed and finish your studies every time.
- Flexible Online Studies: Online studies in a distance education mode allows you the opportunity to engage with your studies, when it suits you. On our Virtual Campus platform, you will always have the support of your lecturers, the community of your fellow students and the flexibility to study anytime, anywhere it suits you.
- Affordable Studies: A cornerstone of BMT College is that your studies must be affordable. The study fees include full lecturer support, full access to our world-class Virtual Campus platform, and full access to the latest study guides. This is first-class higher education at economically affordable fees.
Drop us a message and we’ll get back to you ASAP